Thursday, November 23, 2006

Birthday for me

So last Wednesday was my birthday and it was great. I usually don't make my birthday a big deal about it and don't let anyone really know about it. It's not that I am trying to keep it secret or anything but that I really don't think about it much. I mean, I often completely forget it's my birthday until someone says "Happy Birthday" to me. Anyway, at work someone found out somehow (I think I mentioned something briefly about it) and she remembered a couple weeks later and brought a slice of pumpkin pie for me. She said it was all that they had at her apartment. Then another girl at work must have been told and gave me a little homemade card.

So that was pretty cool. So I then go to class and during the break a girl in class saw the card on my desk and was saying it was cute and was like "It's you Birthday, cool." Well she told the teacher and the class sang the primary Birthday song to me. Kinda embarrassing. So it was unexpectedly a cool day.

After a cool dinner of Tarragon Chicken, I opened cards and presents.

And what is a blog post without Katelynn. I mean it was my day, but she is never not the focus.


I taught Katelynn how to open presents so that she will be prepared for the big present event in a month. She is grabbing everything that she can see and probably won't have any problems opening her presents on Christmas.

My super, duper, extra secretly cool present was from Jenn. She figured I needed my own apron since I steal hers all the time in the kitchen. Kudos to Jenn for getting Katelynn’s hand and foot prints on the apron with out getting paint ALL over. Just shows you how awesome she is!

I got a light navy blue shirt and a navy blue pair of slacks. I only call it light navy blue because the pants were navy blue but the shirt navy blue is lighter, so doesn’t that make it light navy blue? The shirt has small baby blue dots on it that would probably be impossible to take a picture of and so I won’t even try. The shirt was from Jenn and the pants were my mom.

I also got this cool little chair from my mom. It’s for when I am studying and it has a like vibrating massage thingy that feels so good. And here is Katelynn enjoying my chair.


My mom also got me a nike plus as I mentioned on an earlier post. It is so cool to have and use. I highly recommend it for anyone that is even remotely wanting to run. It is a little sensor that goes in your shoe and a receiver that goes on your iPod and measures your pace and distance and all. Then when you sync your iPod with your computer it sends the data to nike.com and it graphs your run for you. I posted my first run results a few days ago. It is $30, but you need an iPod. You technically need Nike plus shoes that have a little dip inside the shoe to place the sensor but I just use my old running shoes and wedge it and tie it down on top of the tongue. I am going to velcro it down to make sure it stays in place. PS - Just as I am about to post this, I noticed the baby blue dots can be seen in this picture. So there you go.

I am not a giant fan of cake, so Jenn made brownies and we had a brownie with a scoop of ice cream and hot fudge all over it all. Mmmm. I love brownies and ice cream and hot fudge.


No comments:

Post a Comment