Sunday, March 18, 2007

Trip for Dan

Last weekend we went down to California for Dan's Homecoming talk. We flew out at 6:15 AM on Saturday morning. We were up at 3:45 AM! Katelynn was great on the plane and slept for about an hour. We landed at 7:00 AM on Saturday morning and so we had the whole day to go out and have fun. We went out to little Corona and Katelynn had her first beach experience. She had to eat lunch when we got there so she had food all over her face for the first little bit.


Nichole, Dave, Ethan, Annalise, Michael, Jennifer and Dan were all there too.

Dan posing for a picture.

Sisters and cousins. We could not get Katelynn and Annalise to look at the camera at the same time. This was the best picture of everyone even without Anna looking.

What a cute family!

Katelynn is a natural California girl and was a baby born for the beach.

This trip was Katelynn's rebellion in which she was not a picture poser. She has just become more interested with her surroundings as she is becoming more mobile. She isn't crawling yet, just a scoot thing that takes her backwards and pivots to her sides, (although this very morning she did a scoot forward so she will be crawling soon) and loves to walk while holding your fingers. It is exciting but makes picture taking more difficult. This picture was of Dan but Katelynn was looking straight at the camera and smiled. This was right before Dan's Homecoming talk.

Later, Dan did a photo shoot with Jen, Katelynn, and I. A couple of these we are going to print off and frame them. On our way out Dan took a picture of himself, I guess. We were going through the pictures and were surprised to find this one. I figured since this blog post was about Dan, I should put as many pictures as is reasonable of Dan on it.


Katelynn is really crying but I thought it looked like she was laughing or something funny.




Look at those cute girls.

Dan and his brother Michael.

Jen said she could lift Michael. Michael said "Let's see." She was right. It is a good thing to see a wife carry her husband around (as opposed to dragging).

Everyone wanted pictures with Dan.

We got more than one. We are his favorite I think.

I would like to point out that in our pictures with Dan, Dan is in the midst of us while merely slapped on the side with others. More proof that we are his favorite.

Look at the cute couple.

The whole family (minus Ethan who didn't want to be in the picture).

There was a fire, pretty big I think, over in Anaheim Hills and Orange and it was all smoky. We went inside for the a bunch of pictures.

The siblings.

Parents.

Grandma and Grandpa Goldthorpe. We didn't get one of Grandma Barnes (sorry).

More siblings.

Look at those cousins.

Incidentally, it was Jen's birthday the Friday before we left, the 9th. We had cake and it was great. A note to this first picture. My dad is notorious on his blog for putting "candid" bad pictures of people. I sometimes do this and Jen hates when I take those pictures. I was teasing Jen by pretending to take a "Candid" picture but she made this face so that means she is posing and it is ok for me to take right?

24 Birthday Candles.

My parents and Jarrod were there and had a lot of fun with Katelynn.

Jen gets her wish.

More attempts at a photo shoot.


I left on Monday at 7:45PM but I had to study most of the day. Everyone went to the beach again. Ethan buried Mike. What else is there to say?

Dan, again having fun with our camera. Welcome home Dan!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We love your little family pictures. It inspires us to take a little photo shoot, but we've got the same issue where Gredtel won't look at the camera. It makes for a lot of pictures with eyes closed and wiggly babies! Cute family!!
    Love,

    Clayton and Katie May

    ReplyDelete