We are trying to feed Katelynn more adult food, more real food so we don't have to worry about baby food. Jen always cuts the food down, I find that difficult and just let her gnaw off a bite. Here I am feeding Katelynn watermelon.
I think she likes it, what do you think?
We always get pictures by the flamingos. One interesting fact about flamingos is that they are very smelly creatures.
Dan is not as smelly as a flamingo. Point for Dan.
Let me tell you how difficult it is to get a picture with all three cousins looking at the camera at the same time. They all are looking in different directions and if you call one, the other two aren't looking anymore. So these pictures are a rarity.
Annalise was jumping in a puddle in the grass and was doing it again briefly.
We played boccie ball. Fun game. Even more fun because I was having such a great day at it. I beat everyone there. Oh, Jen did beat me on the rematch she challenged me to.
My mom came out on Friday and we went swimming. We swam at least once a day.

The golf courses in Palm Springs are beautiful. I guess they are really the only ones I have been around, except for two, so there may very easily be others that are better. That would be difficult though.
Katelynn may have tricked you if you thought she was smiling in any way. No she is crying for her mom. A common occurrence now.
Here, Jen was going to take a picture of Dan but had it on video mode instead. Dan is a pretty cool guy, as evidenced by the video here.On Saturday, we went to PF Changs. One of my favorite places to eat.
To be Brigham-esque I show my plates that I ate there. We had the lettuce wraps, which are a must at PF Changs.
I had a bit of the lemon-pepper shrimp, the Kung Pow chicken, a good portion of the honey crisp chicken, and not enough Mongolian Beef.
Dan is a good eater and cleaned his plate.
There were misters above us and caught Katelynn's attention. Katelynn doesn't look up often but I always thinks she look cute when she does.
Cute picture of Mommy and Baby.
At the Rivers, where we were eating, there is free entertainment every Saturday evening. They were entertaining alright. We sat and listened to them until they took a break.
I thought this was a sweet looking pig. With a last name of Wilbur, pigs are always an interest and I just had to get a picture with my pig friend.
Dan found the Babewagon and thought that matched up with him.
When we came back we went to Jen's Grandparents to visit before we left SoCal. I like this picture of four generations. I wasn't thinking then, but I should have had them all pose.
Cute Katelynn
At Palm Springs, Katelynn began to walk a lot more. She walked everywhere and has not yet stopped. She is almost always carrying something as she walks, usually a blanket or some article of clothing.
Katelynn with Great Grandpa Goldthorpe
Katelynn was getting very tired and grumpy and would sit in Great Grandma's lap. So Jen held her.
I shaved for the last time on our trip on Wednesday night. I went to work on Tuesday and so I was forced to shave. This is immediately before I did so. This is about 5 1/2 days growth. You really can't see the hair as well in this picture.
So I took this picture. Jen HATES this picture, but I think it more clearly illustrates how much hair I had.
Being down in Southern California was so much fun we were a little sad to leave. Especially with the two crazy accidents south of Las Vegas and added a good hour to our drive home.
Something new with Katelynn is that she started to sign "more" the day after we came home. I still wonder if she has any idea what it means, or just knows it gets her more food.
oH I'm sure she knows what she's signing! Sounded like a fun trip! We wished we could see you guys more often!
ReplyDelete