Saturday, November 17, 2007

Eating on her own!

Jen made french toast on my birthday (see I told you she made me feel special) and that is always an adventure with a finger food toddler. Syrup is not a finger friendly food. Well, Kate decided to eat with a fork. Now she was able to take food that was already stabbed by us and put it into her mouth. That she has done for some time. It seems to take more work and time though to feed her that way. No, on my birthday she stabbed and ate the food herself. We are excited.

This picture is taken the next Saturday (Josh's birthday) when I take Katelynn and we watch "show" so mommy can sleep in a little. She takes Kate all week so I can get a few extra minutes of sleep, which I appreciate more than she knows (to my shame). Saturdays though, I don't have a pressing schedule and so I get to let Jen sleep-in for a change. Well, Kate didn't want her high chair that morning or to let me feed her. Jen said I was brave to let her feed herself without the protection of the high chair, but it was necessity. For Jen to sleep, Kate can't freak out. That was not a worthy battle to wake Jen up for. Let the girl wake up. Besides, I put a napkin down. See I am careful.

Just to prove that I did not put the food on her spoon, here she is putting the food on her own spoon.

I thought a video would be better proof.

She also began to drink from a cup on her own. Without spilling much. She has done it before but with wet and messy results.



The only negative to this is that she won't let us help her very well on things she really needs help for.

On the note of growing up, Kate also went to nursery all by herself for the full two hours. I was sick and couldn't go to church and Jen needed to run home to get a Relief Society binder she had forgotten. Left Kate and then left her for the Relief Society hour as well. She did great. Last week wasn't so good with a swollen gums from an incoming molar. Oh the joys.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Way to go Katelynn! Seriously, she is soooo adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when they start feeding themselves! Just so you know, there will be days when they "revert" and for some reason, lifting a utensil is to demanding for their little hands. She looks like pro with that cup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is 18 months now! Does that mean nursery time?

    ReplyDelete