Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July in Logan

For the Independence Weekend, we had a lot of fun. I felt like I had been off from two weeks of class instead of just one day. The 3rd we went to the fireworks show at the USU stadium. There is a hill just south of the stadium that overlooks the stadium and was a great spot. We really had no idea what we were doing beforehand, we just drove around and kind of followed everyone else a little. Tyler was tired by the time the fireworks went off after 10 but Kate seemed pretty awake.

There was a fly over of some bomber or cargo plane. Katelynn covered her ears but seemed to like it. When the fireworks started she was at first saying she wanted to go home. After a couple minutes of her saying over and over again that she wanted to go home she stopped and enjoyed the whole thing. She danced and made some pretty cute faces.







The drive home was crazy, I think most of the valley was there trying to get home all at once. Kate and Ty were asleep almost instantly when we got in the car. I think we tuckered them out.

On the 4th we got together with some friends that we had known in Provo that also live in Logan now for school, Delia and Jared, and went to a park. We grilled some hamburgers and had a great dinner. The Randell's brought some fireworks which the kids loved.


They picked which fireworks would be set off next. They loved being in charge of the festivities.


Kate did some cute poises.


Both jumped for joy at the fireworks.






It is great the enthusiasm that both kids had over the fireworks. I really was surprise with how excited they were over them. I knew they would think it was cool, but they couldn't get enough. They were definitely disappointed that the whole thing was over. We really enjoy being with the Randalls. They really are fun to hang out with, plus they somehow tolerate us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! YOu got some GREAT pictures. Can we have some of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you guys got to hang out with the Randall's for the 4th! Looks like good times. Kate is a cutie. I love her dress too.

    ReplyDelete