Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Balboa Pier

The day after Christmas the Barnes family, minus Greg, went to the Balboa Pier. It was fun. We first played on the play ground. Katelynn is a little adventurous. Look at this, I mean I hate those things and I can climb up in two steps.


Katelynn began sliding on her own. On this set she would climb up, slide down, try to climb up another slide, then go to the steps, climb up and go down this slide again. It is nice when your kids can do repetitive things on their own and you just have to have an eye on them. It can be very dull following and actively doing the exact activity over and over again.




This is the slide she tried to climb up several times.


Here is video proof of Katelynn going down on her own. I know that the slide is small, but baby steps folks. We move in baby steps.


Mike and Ethan. 


I love my wife.


"Wanna fight?"


This may be more revealing of me but I was impressed that Ethan went up this web thing. I never would have thought about it at his age. 


Whoa Dan, watch out for that mob of girls.


Dan did get attacked by some girls but I think he liked these better than any mob.


We own this pier.


Now Kate has been to the beach but has not really observed the water from this point of view. She was enthralled with the ocean. 


I wanted to show how truly mesmerized she was by the ocean but I don't think I could. You just have to be there. There were some dolphins out in the water but they were too far away to get a good picture. They were having fun it seemed. They were jumping every once in a while.


We were all hungry so we got some fries and some chili fries. Hence, there are no more pictures as my fingers were busy the rest of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that my dad grew up in Newport beach and my Grandma still lives on Lido Island? It's right between the Balboa penninsula and balboa island. Talk about paradise!

    ReplyDelete