Here is a picture of Kate though. She picked out every piece of this outfit. I thought it was so funny. She is definitely becoming her own person.

The day started with Jen making a french toast and bacon breakfast for me. I love french toast and I love bacon so I was a happy camper. We found the bacon a short time ago and Jen was like, "Let's cook that for your birthday." I am spoiled. We went to the mall and looked at watches and gloves. My nice gloves that I bought a year or two ago disappeared so I needed new ones before it gets cold here. Also, my watch that I bought when I got home from my mission, that I received compliments up until a couple weeks before it died, died. I was so sad. I looked at a couple watches but they were $160 and $140. I guess I have expensive taste. I think I will get the same watch I had before. When we got home, Jen and Kate made me a cake for my birthday. Kate really enjoyed the cake making process.

Here we are before I blow out the candles.

I decided to add some crushed chocolate chips and bakers chocolate to the top of my cake. I crushed it all with a kitchen hammer and sprinkled it all on top. I love to experiment with food and find new ways of cooking things. Well, see what happens. Note: Jen says that the sound of me hammering in the video is no where near the real sound.
I think she liked the cake.

We had to fend her away from Tyler to keep him clean.

Clean kids.

Katelynn decided that she needed to help me open my cards and presents. I hope I get "Good Dad" points for when she is a teenager.

This is from Jen. When we were at the mall earlier, I was thinking that I really needed the get this book and read it. Good thing I am not impulsive, especially when it comes to buying things.

It was a great birthday and Jen and Kate made me feel like a special birthday boy. I am spoiled.
Love you post. What a great family!! Love you
ReplyDeleteI love your face in the video where he is banging the chocolate!! That is hilarious! You guys are such a cute family!
ReplyDelete