
Grandkids with Grandma Mandy.

The week before was my dad's birthday and Kate called him twice on his birthday and almost every day after until we saw them in Provo. She wanted to have a cake for him and sing him Happy Birthday. So my parents got a lime cheese cake while shopping for food the first day and here is Jar cutting the cake into pieces. I couldn't find the camera before the candles were blown out though. Bummer.


Ty is the calmest kid. He is rarely sad and when he is you know something must really be wrong. We thought that Kate was an easy kid and for the first few weeks with Ty we remembered how people cursed us to have a difficult second baby but after those first few weeks he really is a calm child. When he does cry I get frustrated so easily because it's like a 13 year old, you aren't used to it.

On a side note, Katelynn was in the car with Jarrod while everyone was going somewhere. Jarrod is a great uncle but is the youngest and Kate is the oldest grandkid so Jar has little experience with little kids. Kate threw a shoe and Jar was a little harsh with her and told her that she would have hurt Tyler. Well Kate lately has been a little emotionally sensitive and cried and cried from the rebuke. Poor thing was devastated. I think that Jar was taught to be a little more sensitive. :)
Sounds like lots of fun times! It's always great to be with family. I love the story at the end. I think that kids are much more sensitive to reprimands from relatives who are normally just all smiles and hugs. I remember the first time my dad scolded Weston (for pushing on the sliding screen door for about the thousandth time), he was absolutely inconsolable and wouldn't go to Grandpa the rest of the evening. I guess they are just used to hearing their parents get upset with them and not anyone else.
ReplyDeleteLime cheesecake. I have never had that. SOunds good though.
ReplyDeleteI love how Katelynn poses for pictures so sweet. Your kids are so sweet. Maybe they are so mellow because you guys are. :)