Thursday, June 29, 2006

For you poor souls

For all you poor souls who are still using Internet Explorer (which is 60% of you), the next few posts will show you the light. Now there are alternatives out there and I just thought I would let you know about them. My first choice is Mozilla Firefox followed by Safari. Both are pretty comparable with very few minor differences (and Safari is for a Mac, which is only 15%of the people who look at this blog). The casual user will probably not even care, but for anyone who uses the internet even moderately will want to look into Firefox. I originally was going to write one post to tell all the benefits but I decided to split it up to keep it from getting too big. Each of the next few posts will discuss one of the following benefits:

--Tabs
--Live Bookmarks using RSS
--Extensions
--Web readability

This is not a comprhensive list. For a more indepth discussion on the benifits and drawbacks click on the logo below.

3 comments:

  1. Nate, don't worry, we've been long-time loyal users of FireFox and before it just regular old Mozilla. My brother prefers Opera browser which is also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the features that I find VERY helpful is Firefix has a good pop-up blocker. I rarely get those annoying pop-up ads with Firefox, which is not the case with IE. It's not often, but there are some sites that I can must use IE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an IE Tab extention that will imitate IE when activated but gives you the same vunerabilities as IE when IE Tabs is activated.

    ReplyDelete